Outdoor Industry - Paid Internship
Grassroots Outdoor Alliance, the organization dedicated to the health and growth of the specialty outdoor retail industry, is looking to fill a 12-month intern position. This position is a great opportunity to interface with industry leaders and gain a front row seat into the trends and direction of the outdoor industry while doing important work to help independently owned retailers thrive in today’s market.
Our intern will be exposed to a variety of business models and gain an extensive understanding of the outdoor industry. They must be able to analyze complex situations and information, communicate effectively (both written and oral), effectively collaborate with staff, and manage data in systems.
Who is the perfect candidate? Someone with a deep commitment and passion to make a career in the Outdoor Industry that is comfortable working remotely.
This is a remote position but preferred locations are Denver, CO; Cody, WY; or Ventura, CA. Reports to the Vice President.
- Engage in follow up communication to retailers and vendors on reporting, show attendance, and inquiries
- Travel to Grassroots Connect and Outdoor Retailer trade shows and assist team in show preparation and meetings during shows
- Assist staff in creating meeting schedules at Grassroots Connect show
- Help analyze sales programs and negotiate with vendors
- Summarize findings of retailer sales and trend reporting
- Understanding of the wholesale channel at outdoor specialty retailers and brands
- Vendor sales program analysis and buying group program negotiation
- Tradeshow logistics, budgeting, and planning
- An overall deep understanding of the outdoor industry
- Experience using Google products - gmail, sheets, docs, drive
- Ability to quickly adopt new technologies and processes
- Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Willing to work up to 40 hours/week including travel and weekend hours during shows
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills (preferred)
- A deep understanding of what a service-culture looks, feels, and acts like
40 hours a week: $13 - $15/Hour based on experience
Interested in 12 months of an intense outdoor industry experience? Do not send your CV. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with a letter describing why Grassroots should ask for your resume.